Supreme Court and Appellate Litigation
“To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.”
– William Shakespeare Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 3
The Appellate Law Practice Group's attorneys participate in appeals in Maryland, the District of Columbia and Federal courts therein and has broad experience in complex at all levels of the U.S. federal and state court systems.
In addition to traditional appellate litigation activities, the Appellate Law group provides extensive services pertaining to constitutional and related issues that include:
- Formulating and briefing new legal arguments in the trial courts to ensure that legal arguments are developed and preserved for appeal
- Developing and advancing constitutional and policy arguments on proposed legislation and regulations
- Managing complex litigation
- Developing novel or complex legal theories, sometimes long before the suit is filed
- Advising on possible constitutional challenges to statutes and the effects of regulations on proposed transactions or business plans
- Analyzing proposed legislation and regulations from legal and policy perspectives, testifying before the U.S. Congress and state legislatures, and engaging in other forms of legislative and public policy advocacy
- Counseling government entities, allowing them to anticipate legal challenges and to avoid needless litigation
The Appellate Law group has been involved in matters that cover a wide array of constitutional, statutory, regulatory and common-law issues. Our experience and expertise extend beyond the courts in the U.S. jurisdictions where we maintain offices to include many others.
Our strong, high-profile and successful presence before the Court dictates successful resolutions. Our group aims to win each case, but we also seek to address the root causes of your legal difficulties and, if possible, improve the legal, social and policy environments in which your rights will be decided.